Reklam

Antique Hand Saw Restoration - Italian Hand Tool

Antique Hand Saw Restoration. Beautiful Italian hand tool restored with respect. We leave some old patina behind on this old tool.

This is a really old hand saw and a lot of people has most certainly used it cutting wood in the old Italian factory where it was found. Therefore, I didn’t want to use hard machinery to remove the rust/clean it up. I used and angel grinder with a very gentle flap disc and some Sterling metal polish. And to sand the handle I used 100/150/180+280 sandpaper. I also gave the saw blade a little edge with a file.

I had to drill the screws and nuts out of the handle. I replaced them with new screws and nuts and added some patina to it. I didn’t want to overdo the restoration of this tool.

We found this old wood saw literally in a ghost town in Italy near Lucca. On our vacation this summer, we climbed a fence (sorry), to get into some abandoned industrial buildings. In one of the buildings I found this beautiful antique tool from another time. A REAL hand tool rescue!

If you enjoyed my video, please like and comment. That will mean a lot to me! Please subscribe if you want to see more cool upcoming restoration projects 🙂

This handsaw was my second restoration here on YouTube - If you want to see some of my newer work please see my Antique Butchers Axe Restoration: https://youtu.be/nWEHqlZbrBM

Warmest regards
Martin

Music credits: Slowmotion from Bensound.com. Thank’s
Similar Videos

0 yorum: