Reklam

HUGE Butchers knife restoration and sharpening - Antique kitchen knife

Huge Butchers knife restoration and machine sharpening. Today I do a cool restoration of an antique kitchen knife from an old local butcher in Italy. The knife is huge and should be around 100 years old.

I bought the knife on an antique market in Italy this summer. The knife was the old local butchers’ knife and I was so lucky to buy it for 30 euro. The knife is really huge, solid and measure almost 19” inches or 47 centimeters. The width of the knife blade is 2.5 inch/6.3 cm wide.

In this restoration I will reuse the old knife handle despite that it has some deep scratches and broke apart when I was drilling bigger holes for the pins. I manage to fix the handle with some strong epoxy glue.
I use electrolysis to remove the rust from the knife blade and did some fine grinding with a grid 320 cleaning flap disc (No deep grinding). I polished the blade by hand and with my polishing machine to achieve an almost mirror blank knife blade.

I ’d make some custom pins of aluminium and brass to attach the knife blade to the handle. This part involved some simple lathe work. I hope that you like that little extra touch. I also do a proper knife sharpening on my new sharpening machine Tormek T4.

This restoration video is a bit different from my other videos, because I have a little more speed in the edit, and I’ve added some music to it too. I will in future videos try to do different edits so YOU as viewer and ME as a video creator get variations and different experiences week after week. I really hope that you appreciate these variations.

Please like and comment the video and tell me what you think. That will mean a lot to me!

Please subscribe if you want to see more cool upcoming restoration projects 🙂
Please also see my rare canon lighter restoration from Vietnam War: https://youtu.be/qvibY_qi7_w

Music Is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license
Found under: YouTube Creative Commons license free music
Music Nimbus, Eveningland.

Thanks for watching my videos. See you next week.
Warmest regards, Martin
Similar Videos

0 yorum: